The Quarter Marathon is a virtual Run, Walk, Ride or Roll
benefiting the Brain Injury Recovery Foundation.
Run with Bart!
Listen to running legend, Bart Yasso, pump you up, and narrate your Quarter Marathon experience! (Instructions on how to download our specialty playlist coming soon)
We have partnered with Bart Yasso and DJ Moody to create a fun, energetic playlist for you to listen to while you participate!
- The Quarter Marathon virtual race can be done from any location, any time during the open event date.
- Simply Run, Walk, Roll or Ride your Quarter Marathon at your pace.
- Fundraise as an Individual or Team.
- Listen to Bart Yasso while you participate with our soundtrack. Unique listening experience with pre-race, countdown, cheers, race sounds, and more! (Details to come soon)
- Once you’ve completed your distance, upload your results and receive your marathon worthy race swag in the mail. (All Medals, Shirts, and Coins will be mailed starting the end of July.)
- Post your pics with hashtag #QuarterMarathon and #Marathonyourway
- Buy your Quarter Marathon Merch.
- Run, Walk, Roll or Ride for those who can’t!
- 1 Mile
- Half Quarter Marathon (3.2 Mile -5k)
- Quarter Marathon (6.55 Mile) 1 Quarter
- Double Quarter Marathon (13.1 Miles) 2 Quarters
- Quad Quarter Marathon (26.2 Miles) 4 Quarters
- Ultra-Marathon (52.4 Miles) 8 Quarters
Walk outside or on the Treadmill at your pace.
A Virtual Run can be done from any location, any time during the open event date. Simply run, walk, roll or ride your Quarter Marathon at your pace.
Roll n Ride
Bike or Roll your way through this race.
- Fun Run will receive a special commemorative coin.
- All other races will receive a unique spinning Medal and Finisher’s Shirt.
Make your race more meaningful by creating your own fundraising page through the registration link to share with friends and family.
- Individual Page: Create your own page and help change the lives of so many that desperately need it.
- Individual Challenge: The Top 3 Individuals with the most fundraising dollars by the end of the registration date will be mailed a special award.
- Team Page: Encourage your friends or co-workers to create a team page and raise money and be a hero.
- Team Challenge: The Top 3 teams with the most miles and fundraising dollars by the end of the registration date will be mailed a special award.
- Upload your time through your registration portal.
- Post your training pics and finisher pics (be creative) using #QuarterMarathon #MarathonMyWay
- Continue to fundraise!
- Receive Finisher’s Swag in the mail. All medals, shirts and coins will be mailed out the end of July.
1 in 5 Americans will suffer from a Traumatic Brain Injury.
How the Quarter Marathon Started:
The Quarter Marathon idea was created by Chris Lieberman in 2009. He is the founder of the Route 66 Marathon, Center of the Universe Festival, The Quarter Marathon and many more events and businesses.
In 2016, Chris was working in his warehouse when he suddenly fell off a ladder approx 10′ feet to the concrete floor. Chris suffered a Severe Traumatic Brain Injury.
Kim (Chris’ girlfriend), Ashton, and Aldyn (Chris’ daughters) fought to keep Chris alive and stayed by his side. Chris was in a coma. During this time, his family stayed by his side and advocated on his behalf. Kim, Ashton, and Aldyn did their best to remain positive, but the doctors continued to provide a “worst-case-scenario” prognosis. They made a pact: regardless of if Chris remained in a coma, they would not entertain any prognosis other than recovery. They were ready to fight!
Chris slowly began to wake from his coma and began a 1.5-year recovery process in multiple hospitals and rehab centers across the country. Once he was aware again, the first thing he wanted to do was to return to work and the events he created and loved so much, but first, he had to go through the rehabilitation process and relearn how to do everything from feeding himself, reading, writing, daily tasks and when those goals were accomplished he moved onto his next goals of working on his mobility by learning to walk again.
2018-2019- Were the hardest. Chris was still recovering and started giving up hope. He wasn’t able to be independent, walk, or work (his true passion). It was a very dark time, but Kim, Ashton, and Aldyn remained faithful to their pact and to Chris’ recovery. They didn’t come this far to let him give up!
Kim began driving Chris to therapy in Dallas (4.5 hours away) every week for over 8 months for Activity-Based Therapy. Their perseverance paid off. Chris was able to ditch his wheelchair and walk independently again!
Feeling inspired by his recovery, Kim, Chris, Ashton, and Aldyn founded the Brain Injury Recovery Foundation to combat the severe lack of resources available to individuals and the families of neurological injuries. Through their programs for Caring, Advocacy, Awareness, Financial Guidance, Prevention, and the building of DEFY Neuro Rehab, Oklahoma’s 1st Activity-Based Therapy Center, they plan to change the TBI world and offer the services that individuals with neurological and spinal injuries, their families, and caregivers so desperately need.
2020- We have relaunched the Quarter Marathon as a Virtual race so that everyone in every capacity can participate! Walk, Run, Roll, or Ride with us and help us raise money for the families that so desperately need our help!
Every 9 seconds someone suffers a neurological injury.
By participating in the Quarter Marathon, you will help raise much-needed awareness and support for those who have suffered from this devastating injury that claims its victims and steamrolls their family in the process.
Stay in the loop!